The Happiness Project (Month 1)


I have been reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and have decided to go on my own happiness journey. Mine is similar to hers, but I have changed a few things. For example, I don't need to focus on becoming a better mother and wife. However, I do need to build stronger friendships and become better with my money.

For the month of April I am trying to boost my energy. In order to do so I follow twelve things a day to further my energy. Some I am doing great at and some I haven't done a single day. For example, no electronics after 9:30 pm--I have read that this can lead to a better night's sleep, however I am too big a fan of television and texting before bed. Maybe this week I'll do better.

My twelve steps to having more energy in April:

  1. No electronics after 9:30.
  2. Get up at 6 AM on the weekdays & 9 AM on the weekends.
  3. Get ready for bed at 8:30 PM (Sunday-Thursday nights)
  4. Walk 10,000 steps a day.
  5. Strength train 20 minutes a day, 3 times per week.
  6. 5 minutes of sunshine each day.
  7. Do what ought to be done.
  8. Declutter.
  9. Virtual move. (While decluttering, if you wouldn't pack it while moving, THROW IT OUT.)
  10. Tidy up for 10 minutes at night.
  11. Make a to-do-list each day.
  12. Act with more energy. (Fake it til you make it!)
QuickEdit
Unknown
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment